It Will Always Be Yours
Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Introducing Ourselves; Share if you want, or overshare, or be secretive. It's all about you!
Topic Started: Aug 22 2014, 11:30 AM (14,186 Views)
Mikki
Member Avatar
Overlord
Just an idea to get to know each other a little better. If you want to share, share. If not, that's all good too.

I'm Mikki. Also known in other places as ikkiM (My mostly insane AO3 fanfic) and cheesywhizzy in chat. Mikki tends to be a more popular nickname than you'd think.

I'm divorced with no kids. I read. I write. I work a lot. I buy shoes.

I rarely cook. I do no crafts. I hate cooked fruit.

That's me.
online profile quote Top

joyousfollies
Member Avatar
Almost a Beauty
Hi! I'm Joyous (also known as Jess). I'm joyousfollies on tumblr.
I'm married with no kids (yet). I am an accountant by day and a grad student by night. (I graduate next month. Whoo Hoo! I am going to party like no other.)
I have a phobia of velvet.
My husband does the cooking and I do the eating (although I'm on a diet right now so that food thread is killing me).
Oh, and i love to read. And I watch too much TV.
offline profile quote Top

Stella
Member Avatar
Kingsguard
I'm Stella (and alwaysinmyveins on tumblr).
I love to read, fantasy and classic novels mostly. Definitely watch to much tv shows & movies. I don't like cooking, my fiance does (luckily). I'm engaged, no kids yet. Avid amateur photographer. Chocolate & tea addict. Love music. Did my major in microbiology and I'm working since a few years now.... uhm... big daydreamer. I love roadtrips and traveling. I have way too much clothes and shoes. I love fog and winter.
(If you have any more questions, feel free to ask!)

joyousfollies
Aug 22 2014, 11:47 AM
My husband does the cooking and I do the eating.

that's nice, isn't it?! at least one is cooking, haha.
my nightmares are xmas cookies and cakes.
Edited by Stella, Aug 22 2014, 01:39 PM.

asharastarfall
Member Avatar
Bath Steamer
I'm Mayra, also known as downlookingup on Tumblr and AO3. asharastarfall is my J/B fangirl alter ego.

I'm currently a translation grad student (Spanish and English are my languages) but I was in law school for a couple of years until I realized I hated it. I love sci-fi and westerns (Cowboys & Aliens was awful). I am a cat person and a book-shopaholic. I wish I were an astronaut.

ladyoftarth
Half a God
I'm LoT. INTJ and Sagittarius!

I like to art and write.
I thank the J/B fandom for helping me be creative again. Since participating in the fandom I've started to write and art again after a long period of not doing anything. I work in a creative field and I'm lucky for it, but its a lot of admin and helping others with their artistic careers. So its nice to be creative for the sheer fun of it. It helps that this is the most insanely supportive fandom ever too. <3

I've also discovered since joining fandom I like podcasting! I've posted some other non-JB likes below

Charles Ingalls
X-men (comics)
Reading
Earl grey tea
Star Trek (The Next Generation)
Paintball
Fishing
VIDEOGAMES (after reading Glam's I had to add) Mostly L4D2 and TF2

Edited by ladyoftarth, Aug 22 2014, 02:31 PM.

Mikki
Member Avatar
Overlord
I think I'm an...ENTJ? Would that make sense? I got totally bored in the middle of the test and decided to make patterns with my answers.
online profile quote Top

joyousfollies
Member Avatar
Almost a Beauty
Stella
Aug 22 2014, 12:09 PM
that's nice, isn't it?! at least one is cooking, haha.

It is nice! I don't know what I would do without him :$ Probably eat horribly ;)

Deleted User
Deleted User

I'm ginmo on tumblr, an INFJ, and a Libra :)
I got my degree in Physical Geography (basically Earth Science). I'm a high school science teacher, but I'm thinking of going to grad school to become a meteorologist.

I'm not married and I don't have kids yet, but I have a boyfriend of 3 years.

Ummm. What else? My current obsessions besides JB are Harry Potter and The Walking Dead. I'm also addicted to traveling and it's a bit of problem.

quote Top

josiepug
Almost a Beauty
Hi! I'm Griffin, also known as Josie or Josiepug in the J/B world and ast0ryintheend on tumblr. Stories are my passion whether they be written, visual or auditory. I'm currently a student hoping not to die of fear of college applications. My dream (and possible slight obsession) is to become a television screenwriter. I'm INTJ, have a pug named Josie and a cat named George, love to cook, spend most of my life on my laptop and the other part in chlorinated water, and walk on my toes when I'm excited.

So that's me!

glamaphonic
Member Avatar
Half a God
YO. I am Glam aka glamaphonic pretty much everywhere. I enjoy video games, TV (particularly: competitive cooking reality tv and CW shows of dubious quality), comic books, animation, and basically most forms of nerdery. In my "real" "adult" life I am the chief project manager for a bestselling romance novelist and also write speculative fiction and YA myself.

I'm a Capricorn who's too impatient to take the Myers-Brigg test.

Chicky
Kingsguard
Hi, I'm Chicky. I'm some form of that username nearly everywhere. I enjoy gin and cat gifs...

Clothilde
Member Avatar
Ser Cleos
Hello. I am Clothilde.

In the past I have worked as a bad lawyer, a terrible English teacher and an excellent children's bookseller, but I have spent the last few years at home with my 2 kids. The youngest starts school in two weeks, so I plan on spending the next couple of months volunteering like crazy so that I can build up a CV after an 8 year career break. Eeek! I quite fancy retraining as a librarian, but library jobs are like gold dust.

When I'm not chasing after small children, I like drinking wine, whiskey, gin and volvic water, eating cheese, chocolate, olives and liquorice (separately, unless I'm coming down with a migraine), dancing, sleeping, lipstick, swimming, reading fanfic (Harry Potter as well as asoiaf) reading stuff that isn't fanfic and early music. I'm a bit of a perfume geek., I read a lot of minimalism and simplicty blogs, but my house is full of crap anyway. I walk everywhere, so always wear comfy shoes. I love cats, but am allergic to them, and would love a rescue greyhound, but plan to work longer hours than a dog could handle.
I kill any plant I try to grow.

I'm an INFP.

RosePapillon
Member Avatar
Almost a Beauty
My name's Erin. I'm rosepapillon almost everywhere except tumblr where I'm brienneoftarth.

I have a bachelor's degree in screen production and I'm currently working as an animal attendant and an assistant office manager. I've never done the Myers-Brigg test but my result would be potato.

I have a lot of pets and I'm addicted to travel.
Edited by RosePapillon, Aug 22 2014, 04:44 PM.

fleetingmusings
Member Avatar
Ser Cleos
Ok, fine, I'll cave to the pressure*

I'm fleetingmusings on basically every site... people call me fleet. Speaking of which, I love nicknames and pet names. There's such a sense of familiarity and comfort and affection when people use them. I'm probably too idealistic and romantic, and I have a ridiculously cute dog named Frankie.

*Note: there was literally no pressure :p

Quinn
Member Avatar
Director of HYPE
I'm Quinn, and QuizzicalQuinnia on tumblr and Ao3. And here, but duh.

I work as an editor with a publishing company where nobody has a clue I'm a secret fangirl. I travel anywhere, whenever I can. I hate to cook but love to eat (seriously, my souvenirs are always suitcases full of food to the point where I get mocked). I'm an INTP and I love theater.

In my real life with pretentious literati types, I'm all like, "Nabokov yeah, Proust's memory cookies...peter pan collars!" but at home, I curl up with Netflix (also bad CW shoes) and tons of other terrible television. And good television. Television is my current boyfriend, but it's not a good lay.

bm79
Member Avatar
Shipper
I´m bM79 and no i´m not 79 ;)

BM is short for böses Mädchen (which means badgirl) which i used when i played online. Basically i choose it so the guys would know they got their ass kicked by a girl.

I´m not married and have 2 kids. We don´t believe in marriage cause both our parents are divorced. .

I love TV shows and movies but i´m picky. i have a thing for spoofs and dark comedy (i love stuff like Hot Shots, Will Ferell, Monty Python, Weird Al,...)

A friend of mine told me about the ASoIaF and when i learnd there is goining to be a TV Show i sat down and started reading, i finished one week befor premiere. Fun fact they split every book into two in the German Version. so there are a total of 10 books right now. And it drove me crazy they translated all the names. Like Jon Snow into Jon Schnee same goes for the village names.

Oh and i would love to chatt with you guys. But either i´m sleeping or at work when you chat. Not fair. :(

asharastarfall
Member Avatar
Bath Steamer
Haha I thought BM stood for bum, especially with that avatar :P But böses mädchen is very cool too.

Mikki
Member Avatar
Overlord
I love Nudge Nudge!

Welcome BM :)
online profile quote Top

Zair
Member Avatar
Almost a Beauty
I guess it's my turn.

HI everyone, I'm Janet also known as Zair or ILZAIRSPAR on twitter/tumblr. I live with my two cats; Hicks (my avatar photo) and Chani (also known as Butterball) in DeKalb IL and am currently a student at Northern Illinois University. I'm almost finished completing my degree in History, with minors in Anthropology and Southeast Asian Studies. I'm hoping to get into a Public History/Archiving program through Dominican University and Loyola next year.

Before school I worked retail at Borders for 12 years. (and that makes school a nice vacation no matter how difficult it may be.) One of my old co-workers was the one to get me to read asoiaf. She was so excited about the show coming out that she got me interested enough to read those door stops. I'm a big sci-fi fan, especially for Doctor Who and Stargate.

I play a lot of computer games. I'd say video games but frankly my PS3 has less games than my PC's Steam Account. Dragon Age, Fallout 3, and World of Warcraft being my favorites. Though I really want to play the Last of Us.

if I don't post much it's because I have a ton of reading and writing assignments to do each week. I don't let myself have fun (tv, games, etc) until the work is finished. :(

One last thing under weird factoids. My tumbler/twitter name comes from an old Dungeons and Dragons character I played in high school. (it was an elf) It was such a complicated name I thought that the probability of anyone else on a forum having it was 99% unlikely. I've had it so long that it was just easier to make it my tumbler/twitter handles too.

asharastarfall
Member Avatar
Bath Steamer
Oh, a fellow Borders exile! I worked there during their last four years. I loved it but it was awful. Welcome, Zair!
Edited by asharastarfall, Aug 27 2014, 04:47 PM.

Zair
Member Avatar
Almost a Beauty
asharastarfall
Aug 27 2014, 04:47 PM
Oh, a fellow Borders exile! I worked there during their last four years. I loved it but it was awful. Welcome, Zair!
I still can't get myself to enter a Barnes and Noble. I feel like I'm cheating. :)

The worst part was parents who thought the kids department was a daycare center. I was so glad I worked in Music/Movies.

asharastarfall
Member Avatar
Bath Steamer
Zair
Aug 27 2014, 08:04 PM
asharastarfall
I still can't get myself to enter a Barnes and Noble. I feel like I'm cheating. :)

The worst part was parents who thought the kids department was a daycare center. I was so glad I worked in Music/Movies.
Oh, dude, I started in the Kids department on Black Friday and stayed there for six months. It was HELL. But I loved story time so much.

Zair
Member Avatar
Almost a Beauty
asharastarfall
Aug 27 2014, 08:08 PM
Zair
Aug 27 2014, 08:04 PM
asharastarfall

Oh, dude, I started in the Kids department on Black Friday and stayed there for six months. It was HELL. But I loved story time so much.
you started on Black Friday?! I'm sorry. At least I started in October. It gave me almost 2 moths to prepare for that thing.

Radiofreeamy
Member Avatar
Almost a Knight
I'm Amy. I'm a microbiologist, married, with 3 kids. (The youngest of which is 2 months old and shares a name with a GoT character)

Reading , traveling, and transporting my children to various events is my life.

Thank you for providing me an outlet for my J/B obsession.

YellowDelaney
Welcome, Amy!

(Now I'm super curious about the name of your two-month-old!)

Mikki
Member Avatar
Overlord
Tell me it's Roose, tell me it's Roose!

No, seriously, welcome. It's all casual posting everyday, not just Friday.

And do you write fanfic? :)
online profile quote Top

Radiofreeamy
Member Avatar
Almost a Knight
The name is sooo predictable. She's a girl, so no Roose. :)

I have written fanfic in the past for a few different fandoms, but not in a few years. I would certainly write J/B if I had the time. Stupid real life responsibilities.

I

Radiofreeamy
Member Avatar
Almost a Knight
And Mikki, your fantasy football fic just slays me. Good stuff. I now want to join a league!

Mikki
Member Avatar
Overlord
Radiofreeamy
Sep 3 2014, 03:22 PM
And Mikki, your fantasy football fic just slays me. Good stuff. I now want to join a league!
We actually HAVE a League. If you seriously want to join, there might be a way, although you'd have to take the team as drafted?

PM and let me know.

And I'm glad you're enjoying the fantasy football fic. It really is the height of crack. It's like herion mixed with meth and a side of LSD as far as fic goes.
online profile quote Top

Rellie
Member Avatar
Shipper
I have yet to do this and am bored soooo here we go, for those who don't know.

My name is Rellie (soverygeeky on tumblr, rellie everywhere else) I'm 29 (oh god) and currently working on gaining my Masters degree in Occupational Therapy. I'm from the back end of beyond, England where I live with my incredibly awesome mum (that's her as Lady Stoneheart in my signature) and floofy teddy bear of a dog Bertie. One day I hope to make a living writing novels, until they you all have to put up with my fanfiction.
Edited by Rellie, Sep 11 2014, 06:24 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Greetings and Introductions · Next Topic »
Add Reply